Monday, October 19, 2009

Going Bananas

Calling all Brisbanites

Do you have a banana tree in your garden? I am hoping to develop a Banana Stories concept.

The concept is that it would be cool to find out the lineage of people's banana trees. Seeing as each one grows as a runner from another tree, and most people get their banana sapling from a friend or neighbour. . . that makes for an interesting web of connections. This might lead to a '6 degrees of separation' Banana Story.

I would like to get from people a photo of themselves with their tree/s and the basic lineage story. Then there just might be a chance of piecing together some of the stories and making a Banana Family Tree!

Here's an example:

My banana trees in Manly West grew from one sapling passed onto to me from family friend Bill and Carol Bates in Birkdale. I think I got the plant in about 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment